Did you know that 90% of people have dark circles on their eyes? Crazy hey that it's so common but yet we all want to get rid of them. Well there are a number of factors that cause dark circles and a number of ways to get rid of them as well.
- Dark circles can be inherited and are very common in asian/ african decent.
- Ageing skin starts to thin and the blood vessels underneath the skin are exposed. The loss of volume around the eye exposes the orbital bone and creates a shadow.
- Rubbing your eyes can cause the skin to become irritated and darken; this can be caused by applying/ removing makeup, allergies and eczema.
- Lack of sleep can make the skin around the eye dull and appear darker.
- A unhealthy diet, as the skin does not get the nutrients that it needs.
So now we know what causes, how do we prevent these annoying dark circles.
- Always use sunscreen and don't smoke (it weakens the collagen in your skin)
- Use cool products to reduce puffiness such as cold spoons, cucumbers, cold tea bags and cold water.
- Gently massage the under eye area with your ring finger (this applies the lease pressure) to increase blood circulation.
- Use an eye cream containing retinotic acid, as it has anti ageing properties.
And if all else fails why not just use a full coverage concealer to make that bad boy disappear.
If your interested in a natural eye treatment comment and let me know and I will most my homemade eye treatment.
Have a great day