I love starting the day of with a healthy breakfast smoothie, which keeps me going until lunch time or at least until after I finish my morning workout. Smoothies are a great way to start off your day especially if your not a fan of having breakfast or don't have time to make breakfast.
- 2 heap tablespoons of greek yoghurt (is heavy strained to remove liquid whey and lactose, and is high in protein, low in carbohydrates and sodium and fills you up for a longer time)
- 2 cups of coconut milk (high in vitamins C and E as well as iron calcium potassium, magnesium and zinc. Helps control your blood sugar level, antibacterial, lowers blood pressure and reduces joint inflammation.)
- half a cup of frozen blueberries (high in antioxidants, improves memory, low in natural sugar)
- half a cup of frozen cherries (or any of favourite frozen fruit)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (contains flavonoids and antioxidants that help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease, soothes coughs and throat irritation as well as being a natural sweetener and reduces ulcers.)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (high in fibre and protein, chia seeds absorb large amounts of water which makes your stomach feel full and therefore assisting in weight loss)
Just throw in a blender and blender for about a 1 1/2 and serve in a large glass and sprinkle on the chia seeds.
I love this recipe, if you know any other great healthy smoothie recipes please let me know, I would love to try them out.