I have the one product that is the answer to all your problems; everyone’s heard the health benefits of green tea, but we’ve taken it one step further and researched the amazing benefits of Matcha green tea. One cup of Matcha green tea has the same nutritional content of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea.
7 Amazing Facts About Matcha Green Tea
1. Matcha tea contains a distinctive, potent class of antioxidant known as catechins, which aren’t found in other foods. In particular, the catechin EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate) provides powerful cancer-fighting properties.
2. Consuming Matcha green tea can increase thermogenesis (the body’s own rate of burning calories) from a normal 8%-10% of daily energy outflow, to between 35% and 43% of daily energy outflow.
3. Matcha green tea provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium, chlorophyll and is rich in fibre.
4. Matcha green tea detoxifies naturally and effectively, as it contains chlorophyll that absorbs heavy metals such as mercury, lead, cadmium and aluminium.
5. Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar. Studies show people who drink Match green tea on a regular basis have lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol while at the same time displaying higher levels of HDL (good) cholesterol. Men who drink Matcha green tea are about 11% less likely to develop heart disease than those who don’t drink Matcha.
6. While all green tea naturally contains caffeine, the energy boost received from Matcha is largely due to its unique combination of other nutrients. A cup of Matcha green tea can give you an increased endurance that lasts up to 6 hours and because of the effects of L-Theanine, Matcha drinkers experience none of the usual side effects of pick-me-ups such as nervousness and hypertension.
7. Japanese Zen Buddhist monks drink Matcha green tea to assist relaxation and meditation while remaining alert. Now we know that this higher state of consciousness is due to the amino acid L-Theanine contained in the leaves used to make Matcha. Another side effect of L-Theanine is the production of dopamine and serotonin. These two chemicals enhance your mood, improve memory, and promote better concentration.